Hello, Welcome, Greetings,
While I, like many other folks have known, in theory, that blogging is a good thing, the actual doing of it, like eating dark leafy greens and whole grains, or consistently flossing, or any of a number of other activities, has, despite all the touted benefits, Not Been Happening.
Maybe not blogging, but I am guessing you may have one or two of these things in your life, too – those good ideas, that remain just that: good ideas.
What stops you from taking action?
For me, I have a whole head full of reasons:
- I don’t know how
- I have never done it, so I will probably fail
- If I am going to fail anyway, why even try?
- What will my trying and failing tell me about myself that I really don’t want to know?
- Do I really need one more proof or experience that lets me know I am not good enough?
And, then, blessedly, my heart gets a word in edgewise:
- Consider the benefit available from this good idea. Isn’t it worth at least a try to see if you can gain that benefit?
- You have tried things in the past you thought you couldn’t do AND, you succeeded! What if this is one of those times?
- You don’t have to do this by yourself, you know. How about enlisting someone or several of the people who love and support you to hold you accountable, encourage you, cheer for your victories, however small?
- And, even if you “fail” you can use that “failure” as information to lead to a future success
Bottom line is neatly summed up in a quote from Henry Ford:
“If you think you can or you think you can’t, you are right.”
So, the Only question for me, right now, is do I think I can Or do I think I can’t?
And, if I think I can’t, I can always change my mind.
So what do You think?